Monday, August 2, 2010

Mystics...


Saturday was our annual match against our splinter side ' The Mystics and Magicians ' It's a family affair and lots of supporters turn up to watch, several of them curiously arriving just before tea! The match was a good one with our team winning fairly comfortably in the end. I didn't get much time for using the Minox as when I wasn't fielding I had to go and umpire-something I really dislike doing especially when I had to give one of my team mates out to the plumbest lbw I've ever seen! batsmen never think they're out lbw but when it's hitting half way up middle stump it doesn't really matter how far forward you've got, you've got to go! (sorry for any non-cricketers reading this, we have our own language a bit like esperanto-it's easy to learn but not many bother to do so!)

Anyway, here's a snap of the field next to the pitch at Dunsford where we play our home games. Converted in Photoshop and shadows lightened for detail...

No comments:

Post a Comment